St Joseph’s School offers scholarships for partial remission of fees to students who would benefit from and contribute to Catholic education in our community.
Scholarships may be awarded to young people whose family would otherwise find it difficult to meet the cost of school fees, and who show a commitment to academic achievement, service and leadership in the tradition of St Joseph and St Mary of the Cross MacKillop.
Scholarships will be awarded on the basis of a range of criteria, which take into account the merit and need of eligible students.
Students must complete their schooling at St Joseph’s School to qualify for a scholarship. Early departure/transition to another school may require the Scholarship to be repaid to the school.
Criteria for Selection
St Joseph’s School fosters the expectation that each student will become the best they can be and demonstrate commitment in their schooling to upholding the core values of faith, hope, love and respect. In awarding scholarships, decisions will be based on the following criteria:
- Evidence of academic achievement and application to study at the school from which the student is transitioning (see application process).
- Evidence of extra-curricular and community leadership/involvement (see application process).
- Satisfactory interview with the Principal, demonstrating commitment to upholding the values of St Joseph’s School.
Parents/guardians of applicants are required to complete an Application for Scholarship. Each application needs to be accompanied by:
- Applicants Academic Reports for the previous two years.
- Two references in support of the application. This may include the school principal or a teacher, community leader, parish priest or minister, employer, sporting coach or club leader. Names and addresses of referees should be provided to validate the references.
- A personal statement of 400-500 words (to be completed by the student) outlining their strengths, achievements and how they live the values of faith, hope, love and respect in their daily lives and schooling.
Scholarship applications will close at the end of Term 2.
Short-listed applicants will be notified at the beginning of Term 3, with interviews conducted with the Principal by Week 5 in Term 3.
Applicants will be notified of the outcome no later than 3 weeks after their interview.
Please note all scholarships are only open to students not currently attending St Joseph’s School
All information provided to the school will be kept in the strictest confidence and will be assessed by the Principal. We respect the sensitivity of families who are successful in receiving a scholarship and therefore there will be no formal recognition of successful applicants.